domingo, 13 de maio de 2018

INTIMATE TREASURES




I saw the dawn.
The stars were alone.
The moon seemed hidden from the clouds.

My fears screamed inside me.
The winds blew the ghostly curtains
And the dark night was full of shapes.
It all seemed like a dream,
A terrible nightmare of the dark entrails of darkness.

Silence was the biggest noise in the room.
I tried to formulate prayers,
Yet a mysterious wheeze invaded my hearing
And I lost track of time…

Where was I? Why did I feel all this distress?
My pillow knew all my secrets,
But there was no better confidant in my life.
I allowed a torrent of tears to flood my face
And sleep made collusion with an empty space
Where dead ideas were reborn to frighten my bed.

Suddenly the day is born.
A masked sun rises and a sad rain cries bitter.
Cold night symptoms disappear
And my loneliness is only bitterness
Of the hours that consume my existence.
Life and death confuse me
And all I’ve felt is a daydream of longing!



BY  Ivan de Oliveira Melo






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Deixe o seu comentário.